{MMM} May Is Mothers Month, Happy Birthday!








{MMM} May Is Mothers Month! I get to honor you twice, Mothers day and your Birthday. Today, you would have been 64! Considering that you were born so prematurely and went on to survive, causes me to reflect on the miracle of my own birth. So many synchronistic events  had to take place for
you to live, and then to go forward in life, and despite doctors declaring you infertile, you gave life to  5 babies.  If you break it down, your single life produced 5 children, and from those 5 are 18 grandchildren, you are responsible for 23 lives so far, with the numbers growing as each decade passes. It's truly remarkable and miraculous. In 1948, fed with an eyedropper, and not expected to live, you made it!! You were born for greatness!  Today May 20, 2012, was also a solar eclipse. The Earth, Moon, and Sun are in alignment and the shadow of the moon covered the sun. I can't help but take this strait to the mythic. It's so symbolic to me of my own shadows, that cover my light from time to time, and how your death caused an eclipse that has lasted years not just minutes. The great news, is that I too was born for greatness, and have learned how to navigate my own heros journey, and find my light over and over again despite the shadows that have tried to take me down. The deeper meanings by mystics say that this solar eclipse is all about shedding our old stories, and stepping into the birth of new ones. I have learned to do this time and time again, and honor so deeply your life and death.  Because of the shadow or eclipse, I have learned to script new stories of triumph for myself and your grandchildren! I have learned to find the exquisite beauty in the dark, knowing for sure that my greatest learnings in life have come from that place. 

There is a passage in the book Motherless Daughters that I must share,

"In the redwood ecosystem, buds for future trees are contained in pods called burls, tough brown knobs that cling to the bark of the mother tree. When the mother tree is logged, blown over, or destroyed by fire-when, in other words, she dies-the trauma stimulates the burls' growth hormones. The seeds release, and trees sprout around her, creating the circle of daughters. The daughter trees grow by absorbing the sunlight their mothers cedes them when she dies. They receive the moisture and nutrients they need from their mother's root system, which remains intact underground even after her leaves die. Although the daughters exist independently of their mother above ground, they continue to draw sustenance from her underneath."


These Trees, continue to live through their mother. Through her root system, she supports them. From the dark, the shadow the underbelly of the earth, the daughters sprout up from their mother, and become  as grand as she was. As a child, I used to look up in the sky thinking that you were somewhere high above in the cosmos. What I know now today, is that you are here, everywhere that I am. You are in the trees, and the flowers, and the grasses, you are in the clouds and the moon, deeply rooted in my soul. Heaven is where we are, in our moments of solitude and reflection. When we are in nature, and find those places of beauty that take our breath away, that is heaven. And I am connected to you there. I think of you every-time I pass this tree near my home. It's incredible that the Lady shines through the surface of the bark for us to see, and that the birds have nested in the place of her womb. So much life springs forth from this place year after year.  Im going to the Redwood forest this year. I know I will meet you there. I have dreamt of sitting in the redwood forest, amongst the daughter trees, and touching the earth that contains the life blood of the Mothers. I will once again honor you there!! 

I love you so much that my heart aches! Thank you Mom for my glorious and miraculous life!! I am so full of gratitude for my amazing life lessons, that at times seemed impossible. I honor that place of the dark shadow. I have learned to tell new stories with every eclipse. My life is glorious and happy and full! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL MOTHER!

p.s. I love how you apply your eye makeup. The dramatic cat eye look!! It's so sexy!! So are you!!

1 comment:

  1. I bow to your Infinite grace, beauty and wisdom and your Light that illuminates the cosmos. We are blessed by you.

    ReplyDelete