Time on steroids, and another bagpipe sighting! 3months 1 week post op.


I love the bagpipe, this man was playing for the recent opening of an event we attended. And I think this may be the first photo I have posted that has not been taken by yours truly, with my long arm extended in the shot! If I counted on anyone else to capture my moments of recovery, there would be no blog or documentation, so the long arm becomes part of my story. 

I find myself thinking about the concept of time. It has been 3 months and 1 week since my jaw surgery. It may as well have been a lifetime ago when I consider where I am now. The gross misalignment that I lived with for 41 years, the teeth that never fit together, the jaw that was crooked. The very memory of it is slipping away. This new bite that has only been a part of my structure for a short 3 months, feels so familiar like it was a part of me all along. I have to remind myself that biting down and feeling the teeth make contact is a new way of being, a celebration a miracle! During the first 3 weeks of recovery, It felt like the gears, pinions and ratchets in the universal clock of time, were all running amuck. Broken, misbehaving, not monitoring the hours and minutes. It was like walking the wrong way on an escalator, never reaching the top, making the motion with no end in sight. Time as I knew it felt halted. Would I ever be able to brush my teeth, feel my face, kiss my children, chew my food, take off the rubber bands. Would the inferno boiling inside my skin go away, or would my skin crack and peel off? Would I ever be able to scratch the phantom itch? Would my pupils be dilated forever, did I ruin my eyes? Would I ever taste solid food again, return from the hell of nausea, stay awake all day? What about my speech, would I ever speak and be understood, or have to learn a new language?  So many concerns, and a slave to time that felt like it was going no where. Surrender? I became a master. And now today only 3 months later, the universal clock of time, appears to be on steroids determined to win a race, smack me down and steal my day. I barley have time to wonder when my braces will come off, or if Im speaking clearly. Was their food on my chin that I didn't feel? Oh well, can't bother. Im now staring down the barrel of a quickly ending summer. A day fly's by so fast that my head spins. It was just 3 months ago that my head was spinning from narcotics, now its that pesky TIME blasting past me at warp speed, taunting me as if to say, "Can you keep up grasshopper?" Most likely not, but I'll do my best. When all else fails I will write. It makes me feel much better!!

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon? ~Dr. Seuss~

Carpe Diem, live consciously, seize the day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your days are flying by once again. To me, that is truely a victory for living life. Time buzzing by you so quickly because you are not consumed by pain or mouth care is a wonderful thing considering where you have come from. On to bigger and better things from here on out. You have a beautiful spirit Tresa and I'm happy you're knee deep in your beautiful life once again!

    Smiles,
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl! Nice legs, sexy mama! Oh wait, we're supposed to be talking about your jaw... I'm totally distracted now, sorry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa funny Tina!! Your such a nicey pie!! and thank you Nichole!! Im praying for both of you!! Miracles for everyone!!

    Carpe Diem
    Tresa

    ReplyDelete