3 squared...3 months 3 weeks 3 days post op..


3 months 3 weeks and 3 days post op... Some days it feels like a lifetime ago, others just yesterday. My life is definitely back to normal. The healing now is just annoying, and seems slow. It's surprising to me how new strange sensations will appear from nowhere. It seems as though my teeth are waking up. If I chew anything with texture or crunch, a nerve sensation goes from my teeth to my lips and chin. Certain teeth trigger specific nerves in my face. Its annoying enough that I find myself favoring the softer foods again. Like with any discomfort, I don't want to complain to loudly, realizing that it is progressive healing and I need to be full of gratitude.  Along this process of healing, Ive noticed that the teeth on the left side seat together beautifully and the teeth on the right side not so much. I noticed last weekend, that my my bottom jaw was moving to the right (its old position) just a bit maybe a millimeter at most. Totally freaked out I made an emergency appointment with the OD to have him assess this misalignment. I know he must find me crazy, but a millimeter may as well be a mile when you have had a saw dismember your face. He said it was hardly noticeable, but Im not satisfied with that lower jaw being anything but in perfect alignment with the top. So he put me back in rubber bands to secure the bite again. In addition to the slight shift, I mentioned my concern that the right side is not seating like the left. He said that I have a slight cant and he can bring it all together, just be patient.  The word cant sends a shutter down my spine as I know that a couple of fellow jaw surgery friends are dealing with this demon and its not nice. He assured me that in my case, it's quite normal for it to be ever so slightly "off" because in trying to correct an asymmetry that existed prior, you often end with a tiny one in the end. He was confident that the braces will fix it, and all will be well in the end. I believe him, but I will say that there is an expectation for perfection when you undergo such a procedure as this one. Its such a dramatic surgery and time commitment that anything but perfection tends to wreak havoc on the mental state of mind. 

So I turn to inspiration to feel better and Audrey Hepburn was just what this girl needed...

I believe in Pink
I believe that laughing, 
is the best calorie burner.
I believe in kissing, kissing alot!
I believe in being STRONG, 
when everything seems to be going wrong.
I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls!
I believe that tomorrow is another day,
and I believe in MIRACLES!!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Tresa,

    You look absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad to hear that your issues can be easily addressed with some orthodontic work. It's so refreshing to see you maintain such positive dispositions.

    Happy Healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on Cece's comment! I agree that it is good you called right away and ensured you are on the right track! You look gorgeous, lady, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tresa!
    I have the same issue, but it is my right side that doesn't seat and my left side that is okay. I go and see the ortho this Friday and I am very interested in what he has to say. It seems like many blogs I read have the same issue to, and the correction comes with time and orthodontics!
    Lets keep the faith and continue to attract positive healing!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete