A Python around my neck and chips at 3 months Post OP

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
Helen Keller


"Nothing heals us like letting people know our scariest parts: When people listen to you cry and lament, and look at you with love, it's like they are holding the baby of you." Anne Lamott

Can you believe it's been 3 months?  The quotes above are so true...The past 3 months have been all about me showing my scariest parts. I've cried, and lamented and been looked upon with the most gracious love and support.  Through this process, my soul has been strengthened and success achieved. 
At 3 months, my progress includes, 
1- Eating solid foods.
2- using normal sized utensils. 
3- No rubber bands at all!
4- drinking without a straw, and I don't spill!
5- Phantom itches are no longer phantom, they can be scratched.
6- Sleeping without being propped up.
7- NO DRUGS!
8- I can feel 100% of the surface of my face, (deeper tissue at about 80%)
9- Speaking is easier.
10- Swelling is gone. (a tiny bit in morning)
11- Energy feels mostly restored.
12- Pupils are no longer dilated.
13- Orthodontist is perfecting my bite!

All great signs of success! For my 3 month celebration, my daughter Sydnie and I went to Chipotle for lunch. This time I added "CHIPS" and I was able to chew them and enjoy another layer of texture in my food! Hooray! 


Below are photos of our local town carnival. It's turned into a major event that brings hundreds of people out to shop, eat and watch fireworks.  I happened upon this large yellow python snake. In the past, I would not have wrapped a snake this size around my neck like a scarf, but it wasn't strangling it's owner so I figured why not! 






2 comments:

  1. love the python and the chips the chips the chips! yayaya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh MAN that chipotle looks DELICIOUS!! now you've got me considering going to get just a bean/rice/cheese burrito to run through the blender. i may just do that. but i sincerely miss nachos!
    sorry for the delay in answering your comments! as for my arch bands, i'm not 100% sure how they stay on because my doctor numbed my entire mouth and gave me laughing gas when he put them on. from what i can feel, though, there are wires wrapped around some of my individual teeth holding them on (like my molars and my canine teeth). also, i have permanent retainers from having braces years ago along the backs of my front teeth, so those may be involved as well.
    thank you so much for your wonderfully kind comments and good wishes! i will be going to the fair; however, since i get my jaw unbanded on friday and the fair runs through next week, i may just wait until i can open up and eat something!
    you look simply AMAZING! what a perfect smile! it looks like nothing was ever off-center in the first place! i love your blog, and i hope i am able to enjoy some chips here in the next couple months :)

    ReplyDelete