On the road again...Hours away from 6 weeks post op!!

I shouted with joy when the wires were removed, and the Ortho was able to start moving my teeth, but now I'm worried. The top teeth are moving and it's shifting my bite. The top teeth are wanting to rest on top of the bottom teeth not over them. I hope this is normal. I can't have a bite messed up. I wear the bands at night and it holds the bite but hurts, BAD... Any other post surgical jaw patients have this this problem? is it temporary? I may schedule a quick visit for a double check.

It's late and I'm away from home. I traveled to my Dad's house for a visit. The "Little's" came with me to see cousins. There is not regular Internet here so postings will be brief. It's crazy that I was in bed for so long, unable to function, and now I'm on the road with my kids having an adventure. I think this speaks volumes to my progress. I have arrived at 6 weeks. WOW!!

Signing off for tonight, more tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Are you only required to wear the bands at night now, or has anything changed with the bands at all in 6 weeks? I am just wondering if there is a time to look forward to where I am allowed to have the bands off for longer than 1 or 2 hours at a time, 3x a day.

    Congrats on 6 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, sorry to hear that Tresa. I would call your ortho to make sure all is okay. Can't hurt to ask.

    ReplyDelete