Today I cheated, I was a wild woman day 35 Post Op






"Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman" 


Well said!  The whole woman was not being nurtured, so she had to put her face under assault in order to restore balance. I long for painless communication. The stillness has provided me with insights that will be in- valuable to me as I go forward. But the frustration in my ability communicate is in my shadow, even when there is no sun to cast it.  I have been a cheater today. I took the tiny rubber band teeth cuffs off, I left them off almost all day. Then I talked, and talked some more. The muscles in my face hurt, but at a deeper level, my soul is dancing because it spoke today for a very long time. Then I baked lemon bars and ate enough to make my stomach ache. Yes today I was a rebel, I was a wild woman running about with no bands to silence me and the sugar that is like a bad boyfriend. Good at the start but then turns on you.  As night falls, and I tie my mouth shut, holding my tongue hostage, I have no regrets.I had a great day and peered into my future where I am able to speak clearly, with a face and soul in right relationship to each other. Total alignment.  And able to chew and crunch my way through much more than a lemon bar..






"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." 



I will never forget the change that has been required to get to where I am today and where I am headed going forward. This journey has been so much more than physical for me. So for today I offer gratitude for the heros journey, and the butterfly!







1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh :) Glad to hear you enjoyed your band-free day!

    ReplyDelete