There is a hole in my chin and the soup spills out.. Day 16 Post OP

My daughter Ashlee is here this week to help me with the kids, house, and me of course. We thought it would be a great idea to get out of the house and go somewhere for lunch. We chose a soup and salad place nearby. I ordered tomato basil soup and felt almost human to be amongst others gathering for lunch. I quickly learned that I was not equipped to use a straw, my mouth is still numb and could not form a seal around the straw to suck it. So I used a very large soup spoon. It was at this point that I realized perhaps i was not ready for the outside world. I was able to slurp small amounts from the spoon, but If I didn't know better I would swear my chin had a hole in it. The soup went in and dribbled right back out. A bib would have been appropriate. We stopped at a couple of stores on the way home, (I stayed in the car) and was totally wiped out. I slept for 2 hours. It was frustrating to realize that I just don't have the same stamina yet. This is a slow recovery. The swelling on my face has gone down alot, Im still puffy around the jaw, and my cheeks and eyes are a tiny bit swollen, but if you didn't know me you would never know. Its an invisible pain. Im cutting way back on narcotics. I took off the scop patch, it reached its 3 day limit. I pray that I wake up without nausea in the morning. Im so over the dilated eyes.  Ill be sure to track progress... 

1 comment:

  1. Tresa,

    You look AMAZING! So pretty. And you're right, if I didn't have anything to compare it to, I wouldn't even know you'd had surgery.

    HAPPY HEALING!!!

    ReplyDelete