Jail Break!! 3 Weeks post OP!! ohhh yes.

3 weeks!! 21 days!! WOW... Is it real?? I busted out of the house and drove my car today (My family has been really protective, not letting me do much). I felt like a freaking 16 year old getting behind the wheel for the first time. Whew, sweet freedom. I went to the chiropractor who has been a tremendous help in resorting nerve function and stability to my body. There was a huge improvement today in stamina and strength. I had to take my sweet boy to the Dr. after that. It was so great to feel like a Mom again and do those things that Mom's do.  When I got home, I took a nap  and that felt great. I had energy to burn and a house that needed a little bit of cleaning. I have to say that it made me feel human to get so much done today. I beam with pride because I arrived at the corner up ahead and turned it!!  Now I realize that I still need to take it easy and evenly distribute those bursts of energy, I also know that I still have a long road ahead, but this is starting to feel like real progress. It is terribly awkward socializing in public with others. I had to communicate with the Dr. and his front office staff. My teeth are gripped shut with tight bands, and my mouth is still numb and not moving quite right, so my speech is obviously impaired. I didn't explain to the secretary my problem, just held that place of amusement within myself realizing that I must seem really messed up. As you can see in my picture, my smile is getting better. It still hurts but is not as difficult. The new placement of my jaws has also moved the way my mouth comes together. This is a strange and unexpected change that I will need to get used to.

I remembered a moment during my second week that I have to share more for my own sake in documenting this journey. My friend Sharon was taking me to my Surgeon appointment it was the 2nd one. I had taken Ibuprofen and a narcotic together for some reason so I was looped!! On the car ride there, She said I reached my hand out to be held and asked her if she knew how to stuff a hotdog!! I've been a vegetarian for over 25 years. I have no recollection of this conversation, but was not living in this dimension during those narcotic times. 
This was taken the weekend before my surgery, but I wanted you all to meet my beautiful boy Connor. He is my tender little man. He cried himself to sleep the night before my surgery, and was so relieved to come visit me the next day in the hospital. Every night he comes into my room and lights my candles. He  knows how much I love candlelight at night and he admitted that he loves the feeling in my room. I think its so great that an 11 year old boy understands the importance of creating a healing space and can appreciate it like he does. Now understand that under no circumstance will he kiss me when we are anywhere near a school or other kids, he sneaks a peek and if the coast is clear i get a swift kiss on the cheek, but if there is a peer in sight forget it. I just love my kiddos!
Hip Hip Hooray for 3 weeks!



1 comment:

  1. Oh Tresa! You and your family are so beautiful, on the inside and outside. What a blessed life you have. It is adorable!

    A Bed Buddy is a moist heat therapy wrap. I had one already so I grabbed it for my stay at my mom's and am glad I did. The one I have is a back wrap but it has worked by wrapping it around my head like the jaw bra. I think it comes in different shapes too. You put it in the microwave to heat up. It is filled with rice so it is kinda stinky but it stays hot a really long time. Plus I don't have to fuss with wet towels or anything. I got mine at Walgreen's for $12 or something. Here is a link for it at Target:

    http://www.target.com/Bed-Buddy-Back-Wrap-ThermaTherapy/dp/B000KBNPTC

    ReplyDelete