Feeling sassy! 5 weeks post OP



Today marks 5 weeks. Most surgeries boast full recovery by now, however, jaw surgery takes the slow boat approach. My cheeks and under my eyes are spontaneously starting to recover. Im so excited I just want to dance.. It's not 100% but I would say for sure 50% returned. I think considering that Im such an old lady having this surgery, Im keeping up with the young ones! I am desperate to chew food again. I have not chewed anything for 5 weeks now. My food has to be the consistency of baby food. Im creative and come up with nice flavors, but ohh how I miss texture. I will have a large party to celebrate the time when I can chew again. 

 Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." - Tori Amos

Some day's I have to dig a little bit deeper than others. But it takes courage to put one foot in front of the other when the face has been dismembered and then put back together. This process affects the core human functions that get taken for granted. For me communicating has been difficult. I have such gratitude for outlets like this blog, and facebook and recently just writing memoirs.  I will have days again that don't include rubber bands, special pliers, medical water bottles, moist heat wraps, medicated creams, light therapies, blenders, baby spoons, and soft food. I will look back and realize that I survived, I reached my summit, and the view from up there takes my breath away. The ending of this journey, will be the beginning of another and as each cycle has its ebb an flow, my soul stretches bigger, pushing against the boundaries, breaking the rules and growing wiser with each story. At week 5, my story is still unfolding and growing. Thank you for following along, offering support and loving me even when the pictures are ugly and postings seem random. My love to all...

2 comments:

  1. Your comment to me truly made my day. I am so thankful to have people in my life that are so supportive of my journey, especially those on blogger. It is so comforting to know that you and I have gone through similar experiences, and that you have made it closer to that light at the end of the tunnel. I know it will just take time for me to get there too. Thank you for your support and encouragement :) I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great, Tresa! I am now starting to get those phantom nose tingles you were talking about. It's like someone is tickling me with a feather and no amount of scratching can help. I guess that is a good sign though so I won't complain too much! :-)

    ReplyDelete