Cabin fever Day 12 Post OP

Day 12... I woke up this morning to dilated pupils again. That makes 4 days in a row.  The Dr. said that as long as im wearing the scopolamine patch my eyes will stay dilated. I decided to remove it and try the "Sea Band" bracelet, and make sure i have food before taking drugs. I survived the day without nausea. The patch is a dream no question, but if anyone ever uses it I can't stress the importance of covering it with tape. I also tried to taper off the pain meds today and payed for it in a painful way. I don't love the idea of being on them for such a long time, but im not ready to be a hero just yet. 

I knew going into this surgery that the recovery is slow, but sitting in the middle of the process is causing a little bit of cabin fever. I will say that things get better everyday, The swelling goes down in small amounts. I anticipate the nerve pain and numbness to taper off. That has been the worst part. I started adding heat to my face to encourage circulation. It actually feels soothing to have the contrast. I alternate cold packs with heat.  Im stunned that it's almost been 2 weeks. WOW!  These braces will be off before I know it.  I have to say thankyou again to all who have offered encouragement, and prayers on my behalf, it makes a world of difference!!  Signing off always grateful for a new day!!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great! And keep yourself comfortable with your pain meds and heat/cold therapy. You will be off the pain meds in no time, but for now your body needs to focus on healing, and pain will just hinder progress, in my opinion.

    Maybe by next week you will feel like cutting back and alternating with ibuprofen, or some such plan. Plenty of time to figure that out--and you need to have a happy, comfortable, Mother's Day tomorrow!

    You are quite an inspiration--I am so glad I found your blog, just a week before my surgery!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks Lynn, Do you have a blog I can follow? Im sending you lots of light and easy healing. Your day will be here before you know it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tresa, I haven't created a blog. I will be posting on Archwired in the May buddies thread, though. I will continue to follow your blog. There is always email, too. I think my computer will be my lifeline while I recuperate.

    Thank you for the good vibes. My visit with my friend yesterday was wonderful. I think the self hypnosis techniques she taught me will be so helpful in the coming weeks.

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete