The day the sky fell on my head...

"THE GUEST HOUSE" by Rumi proved to be prophetic in more ways than one.  I flew to SanDiego  March 25th to Prepare for my surgery. I had an appointment on the 28th With my surgeon for the pre-surgical preparations. 2 hours of making bite plates and molds to assist the process. The first disappointment came when my surgeon told me the surgery would be postponed 2 weeks due to a conflict. We spoke with the surgical center to arrange details and got a weird vibe from them. Hmmm. Little did I know,  the rug was about to be pulled from underneath me in a way I could have never expected.

It was Monday march 7th. I decided to call the Surgical Center in San Diego to arrange details for the blood draw. They need me to donate my own blood for surgery in the event that there needs to be a transfusion. The director of the medical center came on the phone and said.. "oh your Dr. didn't tell you.. the board here met and they will not be able to do your surgery here, its not equipped to handle your type of procedure". The blood drained from my head, I felt dizzy, and my hands tingled. I knew instantly that they would have to do it at the hospital with a price tag of $60,000. I don't go down often. It takes a lot to make me cry. I cried, and cried it was ugly. The good news for me is that a really dramatic crisis stirs up the problem solving archetype. I called my insurance broker in Utah and begged him for help. He said he would make calls and get back to me. It was only 1 hour later that he informed me that my medical insurance actually considered this a benefit with pre-authorization. (Since when?? have always been told that it was not covered) By mid afternoon that day I had scheduled appointments with 4 oral surgeons. (if insurance covers it has to be in Utah) But still... I don't do well sitting in the place of the unknown. Perhaps this a test to learn patience? surrender?....

With the support of my dear friends Monica and Rebecca I survived the sky that fell on my head. And then ohh what a difference a day makes. The next day was remarkable. Becca called in the troops, there was a gathering of some of the strongest women I know. Together we had group prayer but more like a calling in of miracles and manifesting. When complete, I had total peace. I knew that the powers higher than myself along with the angels that surround me would take care of it all. My only job was to find the right surgeon. And he was chosen at the end of the week. Miracles....YES!!!

April 7th 2011 shall be marked as the day of miracles manifest. I called the surgeons office to see if they had heard anything from my insurance. After a lengthy hold she came back on the line and said that they had spoken earlier to my insurance who said that they are paying for the whole thing!! Seriously the second time in 2 weeks that I cried, and cried.

So Im here today 7 days and counting. My surgery is April 25th It will be here in Utah and I can recover at home with a support team. Now my job.... Puree puree puree..... and pray pray pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment