The Final Countdown



With about 11 hours to go... I find emotion all over the place. I've been nesting. House sparkles, pantry is stocked, puree's are ready, clean sheets, laundry caught up....

Today is very significant in my world. It is time for death and re-birth. Time to once again face the dark night of the soul, and then rise from the ash like a phoenix (goddess) and take on life from a different perspective.





 I've "Chewed" my last meal (for a long time.) In honor of my Brother and Sister-in-law, I had "Lauries buffalo gourmet tortilla chips (thick) with hummus and spicy salsa. I then treated myself to a much loved lemon bar. I cried when I realized that it was the last time, that I would struggle to break down food with my teeth. It is my wish to those of you with normal bite's, to honor that gift and on behalf of myself to savor your next meal. Chew slowly and taste all of the flavors. I can't wait to join you soon for a meal!

I've been exposed to my surgery enough now that it feels a bit more familiar. Still shocking but without a kick. I am surrendering again to the unknown.. and once again remind myself "that though this universe I own I possess not a thing for I cannot know the unknown if to the known I cling." It is in that place of surrender that I will rise with a wing span large enough to brag about!

I feel as though Im looking through a pinhole just putting one foot in front of the other, but after all that is how I managed to get myself to this point. One single step at a time....

5 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be anxiously awaiting your return post! You'll do great! But man, I guarantee my last meal is going ti be huuuuge! Lol! Sending good thoughts your way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous25.4.11

    Tresa, I send prayers of great success (and minimal pain/swelling) for your surgery today.

    With Love,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been holding you today in beautiful easy energy. Love Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Jaw Breaker"...Best of luck to you!!!

    Wishing you the best on your jaw surgery!!! May you be granted a speedy recovery (and a darn AWESOME bite!!!).

    --Cece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous26.4.11

    so proud of my kick ass friend!

    :) monica

    ReplyDelete